Patient One MediNutritionals
B-12 Methylcobalamin Lozenges (Fast Melt) 120 lozenges
B-12 fast melt presented in the bioactive methylcobalamin form for optimal absorption and retention. Delicious cherry flavor.
-Optimizes energy production
-Promotes cardiovascular health
-Maintains nervous system health
-Helps maintain normal homocysteine levels
Patient One B-12 supplies 2000 mcg of B-12 in the metabolically active methylcobalamin form to ensure optimal bioavailability and retention. Common B-12 supplements that use cyanocobalamin require the body to take extra steps to transform it into a useable compound. Our lozenges dissolve under the tongue for accelerated absorption and complete B-12 delivery. This is important because B-12 absorption from food or supplements declines with age. In fact, 15% of people aged 60+ are deficient in vitamin B-12. Vegetarians and vegans also face higher risk of B-12 deficiency. Each tablet of Patient One B-12 features a pleasing cherry flavor to promote patient compliance.
B-12 as Methylcobalamin:
Methylcobalamin is a highly bioactive and bioavailable form of vitamin B-12, shown to be easier to absorb and utilize than the commonly used synthetic cyanocobalamin form. Methylcobalamin accounts for most B-12 circulating in plasma. The synthetic cyanocobalamin B-12 form commonly used in supplements must be converted into the active methylcobalamin form to deliver wellness benefits. Methylcobalamin B-12 supplies methyl groups for protein and DNA synthesis while supporting circulation, neurotransmitter production, and cellular energy production. B-12 also optimizes healthy homocysteine levels, promoting overall cardiovascular wellness.
-A study of women volunteers in childbearing age evaluated how supplementation with either a B-12 supplement or B-12 plus folic acid supplement might influence plasma homocysteine levels. At study’s end, researchers suggested that supplementation was associated with significant reductions in plasma homocysteine, with the combination supplement of 400 mcg B-12 and 400 mcg folic acid providing greater reductions than the folic acid supplement alone.
-A cohort study investigated the association between cognitive decline and B-12 and folate nutritional status. In the 1648 participants in the study, researchers found that low vitamin B-12 status was associated with more rapid cognitive decline.
-In a placebo-controlled, double-blind, randomized crossover study of 50 vegetarians with vitamin B-12 deficiency, researchers found that those taking 500 micrograms of supplemental vitamin B-12 appeared to experience improved arterial function when compared with the placebo group. Researchers concluded that B-12 supplementation is a novel strategy for promoting healthy arteries in vegetarians with low B-12 levels.
1. Clarke, R. and Armitage, J. Vitamin supplements and cardiovascular risk: review of the randomized trials of homocysteine-lowering vitamin supplements. Semin.Thromb.Hemost. 2000;26(3):341-348.
2. Bronstrup A, Hages M, Prinz-Langenohl R, Pietrzik K. Effects of folic acid and combinations of folic acid and vitamin B12 on plasma homocysteine concentrations in healthy, young women. Am J Clin Nutr 1998;68:1104-10.
3. Clarke R, Birks J, Nexo E, Ueland PM, Schneede J, Scott J, et al. Low vitamin B-12 status and risk of cognitive decline in older adults. Am J Clin Nutr 2007;86:1384-91.
4. Lee BJ, Huang MC, Chung LJ, Cheng CH, Lin KL, Su KH, et al. Folic acid and vitamin B12 are more effective than vitamin B6 in lowering fasting plasma homocysteine concentration in patients with coronary artery disease. Eur J Clin Nutr 2004;58:481-7.
5. Kwok T, et al. Vitamin B-12 supplementation improves arterial function in vegetarians with subnormal vitamin B-12 status. J Nutr Health Aging. 2012;16(6):569-73.
Take 1 lozenge daily as a dietary supplement, or as directed by a qualified health care professional. Chew and allow lozenge to dissolve in mouth, then swallow.
Serving Size: 1 Lozenge
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin B-12 ... 2000mcg
Pearlitol® (mannitol and cornstarch), natural cherry flavor, l-leucine, Stevia rebaudiana extract
This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab or shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, rice, beef, or pork. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
If you are pregnant, nursing, or taking any medications, consult your doctor before use. Discontinue use and consult doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
TAMPER RESISTANT: Do not use if seal under cap is broken or missing. KEEP OUT OF
REACH OF CHILDREN. Store in a cool, dry place and avoid excessive heat.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Flat Rate 7.95 USPS 5-7 BD Shipping 30 Days Return with 25% Restocking Fee. Contact Bayho for Return Authorization Number